Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Confession.....

i have a confession ........ i am a blog-aholic......... i really am....besides writing a blog/journal nearly every day... i read on average 10 blogs a day...... and i read them in the order they are bookmarked.... and i have them catagorized .. the first set is "frequently read blogs" then comes "rarely updated blogs" then "infrequent blogs" and finally "vanilla blogs". Now i have NO idea how i came about naming the catagories of the blogs i read - well except for the obvious "vanilla blogs"....... but it made perfect sense to me when i originally set it up. And almost every day i pop into each site and check out what is happening........... and it isn't just a sneak attack - read and leave .. no no.. i often leave a little comment. (because i love receiving comments!!)

Originally i only bookmarked BDSM blogs written by submissives/slaves who actually sounded like they LIVED the lifestyle....... then slowly over time i have added more blogs that are written by the curious .. the professional (Dom not writer).. and even a few fantasy sites. i have had the pleasure of meeting one of the submissives i read regularily up here in the Great White North at the Midori Workshop.....domdra9on’s dungeon
My list of blogs is quite long .. and i have never updated the link list on here.. a task that IS on my "to do" list.. soon i promise !!!

And then .. one day.. i had a comment from "The Michael"... and i rather liked what He had to say........ out of curiousity i went and found his blog.....Madness Musings and Melancholy. i read bits and pieces of his blog and went WOW.. this man can write!!! Ya see in my humble opinion most men can't write... well not write and hold my attention. i discovered that The Michael had a sense of humour that usually came through in his writings.. and more times than not he made me laugh. And so a new catagory was added to my list.. "vanilla blogs".... and it comes at the end of a rather long reading list........ it is something like saving the "best for last".. because Michael views the world in a unique way..... and sometimes we all need to look at the world differently.

It was in the Madness Musings and Melancholy blog that i came to realize that our American friends are celebrating Thanksgiving this weekend..... and i realized with just a touch of sadness that blogs probably won't be updated too frequently for the next few days.. and my god my reading time will be cut drastically.. and ohhhhhhh my god.. i might actually get some tasks completed around here.. like Xmas cards made.... and Xmas lights put up.. and maybe even some decorations put out .... and oh yeah....... i might just get the list of blogs i read updated on here..........

And so dear friends - south of the border - enjoy your Thanksgiving....... and know i will be waiting for you all to return to your blogs .............




7 comments:

  1. ok what is the scale here LOL. blogaholic roughly 10? uhm ..
    what are you if you read 32 atleast every day (and I am not talking about the 50 or so standard websites I read as well).

    Its all part of my morning routine. Coffee+daily sites. What you said about organizing your blogs makes sense. I do that a lot (I hate messy computerfiles)

    My blogs are basically sorted under BDSM blogs, Geek Blogs and Misc for anything else
    and yep .. yours is one of the 32 of the daily read

    be well
    BlackPanther{k}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black Panther....... i was totally honest....... and Sir would KILL me if He knew i read ALL the blogs i do....... 10 sounded like a rather nice safe number.... (bad subbie.. bad bad subbie !!!)

    and i am glad You find my blog worthy of reading .. thank You very much kind Sir.. :)

    morningstar (owned by Warren)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what to say.....wow......if ever there was a plug, this had to be it......visions of fame and fortune flitted before my eyes momentarily ( I AM a realist, believe it or not).......still, one thing sort of escaped me here......please, tell me you didn't file me under VANILLA blogs.....yes, I know, I don't exactly fit under BDSM either, but, by Bob, a man needs his dignity.......just file me under "unfathomable" and I'll be happy!

    Thanks, hun, this post truly made my day...smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:56 am

    From one blogaholic to another... have you noticed that most weekends are pretty quiet on the blog front? So factor in the holiday for Thursday and Friday and the weekend! Oh withdrawals! It's going to be a quiet 4 days.

    You are on my daily read list... or two or three or maybe ten times a day..hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:41 am

    hugs and more hugs sweetness...I have been round blogville little over the last month..and my comments have been even fewer...but know I read you often and think and always enjoy your blog...

    take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know exactly what you mean, and by the way, you have now made it on to my daily list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michael - where would You have me put your blog?? vanilla is not an insult.. just a statement of fact..

    kaya:.. yeah i have come to notice how things quiet down over the weekend.. not as much to read.. not as many visitors to my blog.. and i have to admit.. i do breath a bit of a sigh of relief ... Sir keeps me very busy on weekends.. and i would HATE to miss anything.. cheeky grin..

    annissa: thanks for the well wishes yeah i know you pop around when you can......... how is the Nano writing coming?? haven't seen much posted recently......

    and lastly Relic... i thank You kind Sir for your message.. I did pop by Your blog one day... BUT the pic that flips between human and devil gave me the willies.. i tend to squint now when i visit hoping to shut off the devil.......

    morningstar (owned by Warren)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts