Thursday, April 29, 2021

Rain .......... again

 


It's raining it's pouring the old man is snoring.......
Rain rain go away come again another day.........
Mr Sun Sun Mr Golden Sun hiding behind that tree......

 

 It has been a gloomy rainy week...... (Ok ok Sir Steve reminded me that we had sunshine on Monday and Tuesday morning....... ) and the long range forecast is calling for rain all next week......... ALL next week. AND it's not even that warm...... summer rain is kinda fun... cause it's warm ya know... but spring rain is often cold and damp and makes old bones ache.... 

BUT on a bright note.. I finally found a raincoat I like!  I have been looking for a couple of years.. in my head I knew what I wanted - found similar ones a few times over the years BUT I didn't like the cost...... over $100 for a raincoat??!!  I don't think so.  Then a month ago an ad came across my facebook feed for raincoats.  I went to look and found this one........ 


 

for less than $100 - my ideal raincoat!!  Red with a hood....... R E D !!!  Have I told you how much I LOVE red??!!! I ordered it and it came last week.  OMG I love it!  now I would like to find a soft light white scarf........ when I can go back into the shops.  For now I'm just delighted to have a new raincoat - one I will feel good in!!  AND will keep my hair dry... no more umbrellas!!  (I hate umbrellas)

Now if it would just warm up a little bit - I would put my RED raincoat on and go for a walk - maybe even splash in a puddle or two........... 


 

17 comments:

  1. Rain is such fun....kinda....I LOVED the thunderstorms Tuesday night. Unfortunately, they heralded a brutal migraine...powered through yesterday but took the meds last night and the day off today since it is still hanging on. Sigh.

    I am jealous of the raincoat! That is LOVELY!

    Hugs
    Boo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohhhhhhh boo I'm sorry about the migraine :( I've had a low grade headache all week - Sir Steve said something about the atmospheric pressure - I don't know what is causing it BUT it can stop any time!

      Delete
  2. That's an amazing coat! I love red, but it doesn't love me. My colouring is not conducive to it.

    I hear ya about the rain. It further complicates things with the new 'hobby' I have as well. But most of all it is glum. I keep telling myself it will green things up- but that can only work for so long. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. our "hobby" HATES the rain - and blames me for it... then sulks.

      and on the bright side willie - we could be trying to camp! camping in the rain is the WORST !

      Delete
  3. Rain is excellent for writing, at least for me. But a little goes a long way. I love the rain coat! I love coats and jackets, I'm drawn to them. But I never wear them. When I'm only going from the house to the car and then the car to a store - I'd rather rush through the cold or rain than carry a coat around when I get it. The joys of a warmer climate I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful one, that red is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Fondles - you know you can take full credit for my online shopping and finding bargains :)

      Delete
    2. HAHA. Guilty as charged!

      Delete
  5. MorningStar,
    Your coat is pretty! I love how excited you are to get it after being patient for a better deal.

    I love to fish in a very light rain if it's warm enough outside. I just have a plain black, but good quality sport rain coat for that. I also like to walk in the same kind of rain and I wear it then, too.

    For some reason, this is all making me want to watch Winnie the Pooh's "Blustery Day." Haven't seen it in about 2 decades, but our girl watched it so much when she was tiny that we remember it well. "Oh, botha!"
    Windy

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL love the reference to Winnie the Pooh.... one of my favourite 'hobbies' is to assign folks I know characters from Winnie the Pooh - I think everyone knows an 'Eeyore' :)

    I always had a black rain coat - very consecutive proper work clothing...... now I am embracing my wild side :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your raincoat is so lovely. I hate the rain. We are away next week and looking at the long range forecast it's going to rain every day:(

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. ughhhhhhhhh I hope the weather man is wrong for your sake ronnie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love umbrellas, I currently have four functional ones and one that is broken but I just like it so much that I don't want to throw it away. I suppose it must be because I am English :)

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG umbrellas are such a pain... they are so awkward when you're shopping!

      Must be your English breeding LOL

      Delete
    2. Well they go so well with my bowler hat and Union Jack tie :)

      Prefectdt

      Delete
  10. Hi Morningstar, the coat is lovely. Glad you finally found what you were after.

    I only like rain late at night, tucked up inside listening to it. I'm with you on umbrellas, they are just a pain. Not to mention not practical in our notoriously windy city.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the raincoat; exactly what I would choose for myself.

    The constant rain is a pain. Our lawn was fertilized on Monday, and now there are few days to mow before it gets out of control. Maybe Sunday it will be dry enough.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts