Friday, February 14, 2020

Valentines......... (le sigh)








(le sigh) 

 I HATE Valentines Day !  It's a holiday I have never understood. 

BUT at Christmas time when we were talking about how Christmas is my FAVOURITE holiday - the lil one piped up and asked 'know what my favourite holiday is?' ... we said 'tell us' and she announced "Valentine's Day"!!!


I couldn't figure it out....... 

When my girls were little I used to make a heart shaped cake - that was my BIG contribution to the celebrations...... soooooo 3 years ago when I moved here I unpacked the heart shaped cake pans - blew the dust off them - and renewed the tradition of a heart shaped cake.

Yesterday when the lil one was vibrating with excitement over today being Valentine's Day - I asked her to explain why this was her favourite holiday...... she looked at me very solemnly and said
' because it is a holiday of love and caring'.

WOW!  kinda made my heart grow 3 sizes ya know..........

We had our heart shaped cake last night (cause she goes to her mother today) and celebrated love and caring........ 



May you all enjoy a day that celebrates love and caring......... 


 

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Morningstar,

    Aww, how very sweet, and lovely of the lil one. This really made me smile:) I absolutely love your tradition of the heart shaped cake too. It looks awesome!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... my heart!

    She's sweet. And that cake is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate Valentines Day too I hope this new version takes off :)

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts