Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Murphy's Law





We seem to be going through an extended period of "Murphy's Law"

Last week we were gearing up for Christmas ..... and my youngest grandson's 10 birthday.  On Wednesday afternoon I received a phone call from youngest daughter (mother of youngest grandson) telling me that her father in law (grandpa to youngest grandson) had died suddenly ....... went for a nap and never got up.  Everyone was in shock!

We decided to have a small family birthday party for youngest grandson on Saturday ... wasn't necessarily the happiest of birthdays BUT it was important to acknowledge that life goes on............. 

Sir Steve and I had plans for a private Grey Cup (Canadian football) on Sunday -- but both of us were down with some bug (yes another one for me) So our party was quiet and subdued without the enthusiastic munching on football munchies with football enthusiasm.

Monday I had plans to meet up with a girlfriend for coffee.........I cancelled. This bug is kicking my butt and between coughing up a lung all night - sinus pain -- and a sickish stomach it just didn't seem like a good plan........ 

Tuesday (today) is scheduled to be "Put up the Christmas Tree" day........the lil one has been counting down the days for the last two weeks!  After another night of coughing up a lung ..... and any form of exertion leaving me gasping for air and coughing... I managed to get an 'emergency' appointment with my doctor.  Come hell or high water we're gonna have our Tree Decorating party tonite....... we 'promised'.

As for the plans for the rest of the week ..........  well to be truthful I'll wait till I see the doctor before I cancel or confirm any further activities!  My goal right now is to be healthy in time for Christmas (not setting the bar TOO high this time!)

2 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy the tree event, despite everything.

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear of your families loss Morningstar and that Murphy's law has struck. Glad you managed to get an appointment with the doctor and hope you are feeling better soon.

    I too hope you have a fun time decorating the tree.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts