Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Healing from Within




On Friday I posted THIS post about my 'heal yourself' therapy.... and I had a couple of 'more please' comments.

This weekend I realized another step forward in my healing -- it's called 'mind reading'.

Let me give you an example:
One of the first exercises was a story of a woman out shopping -- seeing a friend across the street and waving to her.  BUT the woman didn't respond. The woman who waved had two choices -- one to assume the woman didn't like her or was ignoring her deliberately -- 'it was somehow HER fault' 
BUT the other approach -- was to go over to the woman and say 'hello' again -- maybe she just hadn't seen her.
Often times we assume we know what people think of us........ we 'mind read' 

I kinda went 'pfffft' that doesn't apply to me (I was being my literal self) I don't worry if someone doesn't say 'hello' to me.

BUT when Sir Steve asked me if I was happy this weekend - and we had our emotional loving discussion...... I realized a small part of my brain had NOT blamed myself for the lack of sexy play around here.  In the past I would have stressed that he was rethinking our relationship -- that I was OLD and not young and perky -- not all that sexy -- why would he want me??!!  Instead I realized that I hadn't been stressing as much as I would have done...... I had made up reasons for the lack of sexy play -- but for the most part it had nothing to do with me personally!!  

What a light bulb moment that was for me!!  This is Sir Steve's problem -- I can and WILL be there for him to support and love........ but it isn't MY fault.  You can not imagine how freeing that feeling is!

Life is good when you start healing from within..........

1 comment:

  1. Hi Morningstar,

    Good on you, I love how much more self confident you sound.

    I love your example. You are right, we do make assumptions as to what people think of us.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts