Wednesday, November 28, 2018

"Virginia There's No Santa Claus"

Tomorrow night is the Great Adventure of Christmas decorating with the lil one.  I am probably more excited than she is!!  I went out shopping today to pick up fun foods to eat while we decorate.  #1 on the list was a Vachon Yule Log..............



It's been a family tradition for years!!  It wasn't Christmas until the Vachon Yule Log was on the table. 

There was NONE!

The Vachon delivery guy just happened to be there....... so I asked him when they would be arriving.  He said no traditional Yule Log in Ontario this year..... instead he pointed out something that resembled a jelly roll.  WTF??!!!  NO NO NO that's not Christmas !!!

I feel like someone just told me there's no Santa Claus......... this can't be happening -- it can't be!!!

How will Christmas come without the Yule Log???!!

I am inconsolable

I bought Christmas sugar cookies instead.  

BOO HOO !!!
 

3 comments:

  1. I make one most years and this year's recipe for the cookie exchange is for a yule log:) Check it out.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. No yule logs in Ontario this year? Really?? That is such a shame, I'm sorry you were disappointed. Cookies sound awesome though and I bet you will have a wonderful time decorating :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morningstar, why not pop across the border to Pointe Claire or Dorval and try the grocers there?

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts