Monday, November 05, 2018

It's Early ........ BUT.....








Please don't anyone shoot me!!  I know... KNOW... there's almost 2 months till Christmas and I know ...KNOW.... that Remembrance Day is still coming and I know.. KNOW.... that my American friends still have their Thanksgiving to celebrate...... 

BUT

I am virtually finished my Christmas shopping !!  Sir Steve and I had so much fun at the Craft fairs on the weekend.  We went to the Trunk Sale on Saturday -- in the pouring rain..... it is held at an Orchard..... and we landed up parking in the back 40..... there was mud up to my ankles everywhere!! Thankfully they had volunteers in golf carts ferrying folks back and forth.  I picked up a couple of one of kind gifts that had me doing the happy elf dance all around the greenhouses.  Then on Sunday there was the Heritage Craft Sale at the local Civic Center and we went to that too....... like last year it was mostly a disappointment -- BUT we did pick up a couple of cute gifts - one for the teacher and one for the bus driver.

On Sunday morning before we headed out -- Sir Steve took me back to bed and we had some adult snuggle time ...... I LOVE sex in the morning and it just doesn't happen enough -- so it was pretty damn special !!

Today I headed out to pick up some groceries and landed up at the drugstore (believe it or not - they carry some food essentials and always at a much lower price than the grocery stores) While I was there I wandered down their Christmas aisle.  My Christmases are always themed and this year is "nature".  I have been looking for (and thinking it was a mission impossible) to find wrapping paper that looks like birch bark.  I glanced at the wrapping paper and there ... lo and behold... was some wrapping paper that has birch bark trees running the length of it.  OMG!!  There I was doing the happy elf dance again. 

Why - I can hear you asking - do you do your shopping SO early??!!!  It started more than 40 years ago when I was pregnant with my first daughter.  The suggestion was made by my doctor that I do my shopping early .......... I was surprised how many neat things I found at ridiculously low prices because no one shops in October/November!!  The other thing I have learned is that the stores only stock their shelves once for the holidays... the best stuff is out in November and if you wait and go back in December it is gone......... like my birch bark wrapping paper .... I got the last 3 rolls and you can bet it won't reappear.

Life is good when Christmas starts to come together early!

4 comments:

  1. Good on you for being organised so early. Now you can relax while the rest of us end up panic shopping lol. The fair was certainly well worth visiting and the wrapping paper find the icing on the Christmas cake :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am usually really early with my Christmas shopping, usually getting everything done in November. But you beat me to it! I haven't started yet, this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are organised. I don't start my shopping until early December, but maybe this year I'll start looking to see if I can find some early bargains.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always have the best of intentions, Morningstar ... but then life happens and I get behind and overwhelmed. Hence Christmas is not my favourite time of year ... I'll probably disappear off the Blogland radar as I descend into the chaos of the season :>)) ... nj

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts