Monday, November 26, 2018

Busy Weekend








We had such a busy weekend....... 

On Saturday we drove down to youngest daughter's house to celebrate the 9th birthday of the youngest grandson.... on the way we stopped at my old school to pop into their Craft Fair (nothing worth buying)........ got home late ... exhausted.

Sunday we had messages to run and wanted to run up to the campground to check on the trailer and pick up the travel crate for the dog....... then shopping ... then home in time to watch the Grey Cup Game (Canadian football league)  We had a feast of Chinese food...........



enjoyed the game even though our team didn't win........ and fell into bed late.

No time or energy for 'adult time' (see me pout?!)  BUT Sir Steve did come home on Friday with this surprise for me............ 



It's been a long time since I had a Christmas poinsettia to adorn the house...... and it lifted my spirits.... didn't make up for missed adult time though (cheeky grin)

I think I vaguely remember why Christmas is both the best of times and the worst of times... so so many things to do -- celebrations to celebrate -- and exhaustion ....... it seems to kinda take over our lives leaving little energy/time for ourselves..........

AND

I honestly wouldn't have it any other way !

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Morningstar,

    Sounds like a busy but wonderful weekend:) Happy Birthday to your grandson and how sweet of Sir Steve to surprise you with the poinsettia:)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts