Thursday, November 29, 2018

Through His Eyes




This morning over on When the Storm Whispers to the Wind -- Windy was talking about how Storm sees her.

This is - for me - an ongoing struggle........ how Sir Steve sees me.... like why oh why does he want to be with me -- I'm old -- and nothing - NOTHING - like the women who came before me.  I look in the mirror and see such an old lady - wrinkles and sagging body bits.....  and with aging comes the dreaded health problems -- and I wonder over and over why he would want to be saddled with me........ 

He works hard with long days/weeks.  He's exhausted when he gets home and more often than not falls asleep in his chair after the lil one is in bed.  I spend my evenings feeling alone and ignored and then the negative self talk starts .... 

AND yet I wear his engagement ring on my left hand... I know he wants me in his life for ever and ever.  

I wish I could see myself through his eyes I really do!!  I know I am a good housekeeper and cook and stepmother -- but I don't know I am a sensual woman........ he keeps telling me I am ....... I just don't see it...... it makes me insecure and sad.  



 (this was a whole lot tougher to write than I thought....... )

3 comments:

  1. I believe you have written what we all see in ourselves. I am currently sitting across from the Sherriff wondering why he is with me. I have no idea.

    Boo

    ReplyDelete
  2. MorningStar,
    Please don't be so hard on yourself. The purpose of my post today was that it is a challenge for almost every woman to see herself as her beloved does. We are hard on ourselves and hard on each other (other women) as well. I wrote what I think Storm thinks because I NEED TO REMIND MYSELF.

    Whether we're friends in virtual life here or in physical life, we women need to celebrate one another and lift each other up. I can tell you just from your comments on my blog that you are a lovely woman with a great sense of humor and a deep capacity for love. You're worthy of all the good that your Sir Steve brings into your life. You're sensual, you're feminine, and you're beautiful. Ask him when he isn't sleepy... and if you can't, then WATCH him when he is around you. Watch him when you touch him, sexually or just lovingly. And look at that ring on your finger and know that it meaans he loves you and accepts you as you are.

    Many hugs! Windy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Morningstar,

    Windy said it so well above. This is something so many of us struggle with. If only we could see ourselves through their eyes.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts