Monday, June 05, 2017

What went Wrong.....






I mentioned how I needed a glass of wine on Thursday night when we got to the campsite...... and promised to fill you all in..... 

This morning -- 6 days later -- it all doesn't seem so tragic anymore.  Time does put a wonderful perspective on things...... 

I had been told I couldn't sign the lease on my new home till Friday afternoon -- lot of reasons -- the main one being that the 'cleaners' wouldn't be able to move in and clean till Friday morning.  

So Sir Steve and I picked up the keys and I signed the reams of documents and by 2 we were walking through the door of my new home.  I was SO excited .......

UNTIL

I saw the filth and dirt.  And it only got worse.  There were wood shelves hanging around in the living room -- the bathroom hadn't been touched in months!!  You could quite literally write your name in the dirt on the shower walls.  The kitchen cupboards had crap in them.  BUT the basement!!   There were at least 10 gallons of old paint -- there were old preserves sitting on the shelves. OH and the baseboard heater in the master bedroom was in pieces.   The apartment had not been cleaned -- no one had been in since the other tenants left!

I called the management company.  The first woman I spoke to was shocked and apologetic.  The second one was indigent that I expected it to be cleaned because "after all - you are gonna paint it yourself" was her response.

Sir Steve was angry and I was flustered.  I should have gotten the original agreement about cleaning in writing and I hadn't... my fault! 

The company is supposed to come and collect all the paint -- and the garbage.  We will clean.  AND paint and make it mine.  I won't be dealing with the management company anymore than I have to -- AND I will get it all in writing from now on.

Lesson learned.

Here's a couple of 'before' pictures....... I'll post more as the renos progress .....

 This view is from the kitchen to the front door...........(and yes they're a little dark -- used my cell to snap these shots)



And this is the reverse -- from the front door to the kitchen........... 


 Today is the beginning of the two weeks of cleaning and painting before my furniture arrives...............


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new place. Some managements will try to get over on you for everything, gotta definitely get it in writing. That bar by the door for the keys with the mirror looks vaguely like something kinky!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts