Saturday, April 02, 2016

Feeling Peevish






Actually I don't have a lot of pet peeves (though maybe if I thought about it for awhile I would find I have more than I thought!)

BUT one thing that really REALLY irks me is - when someone asks for help - needs a shoulder to lean on or an ear to listen and they take advantage.

I had something like that happen yesterday.

I had just gotten home from the gym... was thinking about my 'date' in the afternoon ... and got this message from a "newbie" saying 'are you around'.  Now truthfully I still haven't made up my mind about this woman.... BUT I honestly and truly believe in 'paying it forward' so when she has questions about BDSM I try to answer them honestly.  When she is struggling with something again I try to make myself available to help her work it through.

BUT 

sometimes I feel she takes advantage.

Like yesterday morning

She gets going about 'being on the edge and needs me to talk to her off' .... (and yeah I am stupid like that I drop everything to be there for her - for anyone that tells me that) 

I write to her and tell her I am available - and we get talking - but before she gets to what happened - POOF - she just stops writing........... and me being the fool I am ... I sit and wait and wait for her to respond.

Finally she comes back - on and off - and I get so damn frustrated - I have things to do - but don't want to ignore her - this time it was a pretty serious problem

You know "mentoring" newbies is frustrating at the best of times - but sometimes !!!  it makes me want to rethink my promise to "pay it forward" 

Sometimes newbies need to learn the hard way............. 


ok small rant done - putting away my soapbox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts