Friday, March 18, 2016

Hit the Wall


Yesterday around noon - I just couldn't handle 'it' anymore.  Honestly I didn't know what 'it' was - but I knew I was done - I had "hit the wall" and there was nothing left in me.  Done like Dinner.

I did something I haven't done in years and years.  I got in my car - put it on the highway, put the pedal to the metal (as the saying goes) and just started driving west. 

Fortunately my heart slowed down before I reached the west coast. So I turned the car around.

There is something about speeding along a highway watching everything fly by you with the music loud and the windows down wind blowing around to free up your mind.

When I got home I parked the car and went for a 2 mile walk - quite a contrast between speeding along a highway and slugging uphill into a wind for a mile.  Sure slows you down.
 
Then I finally came into the house and did some self pampering and took a long hot shower.

I'm still not sure I know what the "it" was that drove me out of the house at noon - or if I ever will BUT I do know I will keep slugging through this marathon of mine.....





2 comments:

  1. Hope you felt better after your long drive, walk and pampering session. Take care.
    Hugs Lindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better now, have a gentle weekend
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts