Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Leather






If you have read here for any length of time - you will have seen the above flag before.  For those of you who are new (or newbies) that is the Leather Pride flag.  

There has been a lot of discussion recently - everywhere - about Leather and the history and what is happening to the Leather community - is it in it's death throes - is it dead - or is it changing??? 

There was some discussion about having to join the leather community ........ and that confused the hell out of me.  

I guess in a lot of ways I am pretty damn naive.  See - in my world the leather community - leather pride - is not a tangible thing..... 

It's not a private club that one has to ask permission to join.

It's not a gay thing

It's not a secret society

It's something in your heart.  

And I don't believe there is a right or wrong way of living leather.  

I don't believe that you have to be initiated into living leather.  

I don't believe you have to earn your leathers.  

I believe it is in your heart.

You have it .. or you don't.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts