Thursday, September 10, 2020

Week off?

 


 

It sounds wonderful to spend the summer in the country...... and don't get me wrong it was wonderful!!  BUT the process of moving there and then 4 months later moving home is exhausting!

Usually we only spend July and August in the country full time - cause of school.  But this year we were able to move up in May.  Moving home last weekend involved sorting out what could come home and what had to stay ...... cause we will still be going up on weekends (until the end of Sept).

AND because we haven't lived in the house since mid May - the house hasn't been cleaned........ you'd think cause we weren't here the house would be pretty clean.... but you'd be wrong!  Spiders moved in while we were away and dust bunnies came out from hiding under the beds. 

So far this week I have done load after load of laundry - sorted out the summer clothes and found the fall/winter clothes (cause summer ended abruptly) ... am still working on the lil one's computer trying to get it ready for Monday morning.  Today is cleaning day...... got my mop and bucket ready!

One thing I do like about being home........ new meals for dinner - fall comfort food ya know?!  I had had enough of barbeques...... honestly done with them.  On the menu for next week are things like meat loaf and stew........ Last night I made perogies  - we had them with fried onions, bacon and topped with a dollop of sour cream............ sooooooo damn good!!

 


Life is good when the seasons change.......  

4 comments:

  1. I'm fan of going from blistering hot to a crisp morning and I like going from frigid cold to a warm breeze. So basically I'm a fall and spring girl. But the cleaning stuff I'm never a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, the cleaning sounds like a right chore. hope you get through it with as little fuss and stress as possible.

    and hurray for stews. i love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes, the cleaning and laundry are the downsides. I too love the change in meals that accompany the change in season.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts