Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Spring Time





The calendar says "spring time" - Mother Nature not so much.  The sun is shining today which is something...... though I am still wearing my winter coat and hoodie to take the lil one to the bus in the mornings.  This morning when I got home from bus duty -- I made myself a fresh cup of coffee and the dog and I went to sit outside on the front deck.  We didn't last long -- it's just too cold, even in the bright sunshine, to sit for too long.  

But while I was out there I looked at how dirty the front of the house is.... the windows are disgusting!  And so I decided - once it warms up a little bit -- I am gonna fill up a bucket with hot soapy water and wash the front of the house including the windows.  

While I was sitting outside in the morning quiet.... I was thinking about what I would write today on The Journey.   I wonder if anyone else finds it difficult to find a topic.... or realize how  much time it takes out of the day to sit down and knock out a blog entry.......... though maybe some of you have an easier time coming up with topics and the words just flow for you....... 

I started this blog almost 14 years ago!!  my god 14 years!!  In 14 years I have written over 4000 blog entries...... dear god you'd think I would have run out of words by now wouldn't you?!  But it seems I haven't.  

Over 14 years there have been 3 major changes -- leaving my Sir of 15 years -- living alone for the first time ever in my life and the struggles that brought on -- and then moving here to live with Sir Steve (the one change that I was sure would send bolts of lightening out of the skies to strike me dead) 

It's the one good thing about this blog...... my daily (almost daily) ramblings of life and love ...... I can go back and read my history.... the good, the bad, and the ugly for sure...... lessons learned.

For today though the house needs cleaning so it can sparkle in the bright spring sunshine......... 

3 comments:

  1. Tis not easey to write daily...Congrats to you...lately I am struggling to do it weekly..but trying to get there. hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Spring cleaning, Morningstar, be it house, windows or cobwebs of the mind ;)) ... I don't post nearly as often as you do and yes, there are times when it's a struggle ... some I have to work at ... some arrive out of the blue ... those usually inspired by Frank ;)) ... nj ... xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Morningstar,

    Wow, 14 years of blogging! That is some milestone, congratulations

    I don't post anymore, but it was a struggle both knowing what to write and finding the time to write.

    Happy spring cleaning:)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts