Tuesday, January 08, 2019

Reset




About 4 years ago I made the decision to get healthy (with my doctor's encouragement) ..... my blood sugars were a little high.... and my weight had topped out higher than it had ever been !!  I bought a fitbit -- loaded a food tracking app on my phone -- joined a gym and got started.  I hit some bumps in the road...... but kept pushing forward....... I lost almost 70 pounds!  I LOVED the gym -- well loved to hate the gym....... but working out every day gave me extra calories to eat (or not in my case)
 
Then my life settled down -- Sir Steve came into my life and was my biggest cheering section.  He encouraged me to eat some of those extra calories -- encouraged me to maybe lose those last 10 pounds.  I joined a gym here BUT it wasn't MY gym from Kingston.  I missed it.  I tried -- I really did -- to go to the new gym -- but insecurities raised their nasty heads and I slowly cut back my gym days from 5 to 3 to none.

BUT over the two years I have been here with Sir Steve my weight has stayed pretty much the same (shifting 2 or 3 pounds up or down).  My sugars stayed low (YAY!) 
Over Christmas I noticed my clothes were fitting differently -- I looked 'fat' again.  I weighed myself and there was hardly a noticeable increase in weight (just those 2-3 pounds) WTF?!  Then I had an 'Eureka' moment -- it wasn't my weight -- it was my muscle tone.  The thought of finding a gym starting rolling around in my head.

Good news is..... my favourite gym from Kingston had opened a franchise here.  Could I settle in there??? I kept looking at their website..... checking out the equipment... building up my confidence to join....... figuring out how I would do this now I have the responsibility of the lil one (when I was in Kingston I was alone and didn't have to worry about schedules -- went to the gym when I wanted/felt like it)

Finally yesterday I decided to push the 'reset' button...... I went and joined the gym.  I am happy to report I got the same good feeling when I walked in to the building just like I did in Kingston.  All the equipment was the same....... the layout almost the same - it felt comfortable.....it felt like 'home'.

SO today I will start my daily trek to the gym....... sweating and cursing and hating it. but hopefully not missing a day.  I am also hoping that working out my body every day may help with the withdrawal symptoms (I have cut back again -- I am now on 1/2 my original dose!)

As much as I would like to participate in Fondlers FFF program -- it's just not something I can do comfortably.  I will post from time to time here on my progress BUT I can't do the public thing ....not comfortably (yeah I know sounds silly but that's me!)

Life is good when you can push the reset button.

 

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your reset, MorningStar! You can do it! Hugs, Windy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Morningstar,

    I can totally relate to losing muscle tone. I usually do daily abdominal exercises and became quite toned. However, over the last couple of weeks, with the businessys of the season I haven't been doing them and I'm definitely not happy with the consequences!

    So glad your favourite gym has opened in your area. Good luck getting back to the gym, I too really hope it also helps with the withdrawals.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts