Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Feeling Safe


There have been some changes around here -- and we all know how well I deal with change!

First I have been looking for part time work -- subbing to be exact.  It has taken a lot for me to interview for jobs.  After 30 years you think I would have a little more confidence in myself ...... in myself as an educator.  But I don't.  I got one job -- and actually subbed for them on Monday.  Then yesterday I interviewed at another school that morphed into two schools and both hired me.  So now I will be subbing at 3 different schools and that should keep me nice and busy.

Then Hands' shift changed.  He is working 4 days on and 4 days off....... three months on days and 3 months on nights.  He starts nights this Saturday.  I know CG is anxious about these new hours/shifts and I know that CG comes first.  I haven't wanted to say anything about my own levels of insecurity about these changes to Hands.  I don't want him fussing over me.  Yesterday we were chatting -- and I mentioned how weird it felt -- felt like it should be a Sunday....... and Hands said "We'll work it out" ... I told him I didn't want him fussing over me and his answer was "It's my job to fuss" ..... and immediately I felt better.  I know -- in his quiet, unassuming way -- He will take care of this -- that my needs will be met and so will CG's.

It really is wonderful to know that I am safe under his care...... I can try and let go of some of the stress ...... that my life will fall into a routine ....... 

Changes are hard for me -- but with Hands and CG in my life I am learning to trust and that is a very good thing!

2 comments:

  1. You will settle into it. My Sirs shifts changed too a while back. He does one week days, one week nights and one week afternoons. It has taken nearly a year to settle into it but we have now so you will too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to know that he is making you feel safe and secure. Congrats on the job(s)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts