Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Through the Looking Glass






Yesterday was such a weird sort of day........

I think it started Sunday night after Hands left.. I was cold...... to the bone cold.  And I had the worst case of the munchies.  

Monday I woke up to snow and more snow -- I went through the paces of getting things done from home that needed to be done.

I was still cold and still starving -- and on top of that I didn't want to be near anyone or talk to anyone.  I was so very glad I lived alone.........

Honestly I felt like I had stepped through Alice's looking glass.

Nothing about the 'day after' was like anything I have been through before...... I didn't rerun our private time -- I didn't check the bruises -- or poke the sore spots.  It was like I was in some weird state of animated suspension.

By mid afternoon the coldness had improved -- and I had lost my voracious appetite.  I snuggled under a blanket on the sofa and napped and watched silly made for TV movies.

By last evening I was able to do some processing.  I have snippets of our private time that don't look like me at all!!!  (small smile) In my memories I was a bossy bitch -- if I was -- I am thinking I am lucky to be alive.  I realized that a lot of my reactions were similar to being stoned (yeah yeah I used to smoke up -- hey I was a product of the 60's) I am left thinking my endorphins must have been really high....... what else could it be??? I am pretty sure my name isn't Alice and I didn't step through the Looking Glass.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts