Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Vanilla Meets 24/7

Both Monday and Tuesday we had friends drop by to visit from Montreal - vanilla friends.  The house was 'vanilla-ized'....that was the easy part.  The hardest part were the little things......... like my calling W by his name instead of Sir - I always call him Sir.... and saying W just doesn't flow off my tongue easily - not after all these years.  

But I think we pulled it off.  Monday was a short visit - just time to have some lunch, see the house and the gardens - especially the freshly painted fence!  (trust me I was gonna make sure all our visitors saw the fence!!) and then they were off on the road again.......... 

Tuesday was a longer visit and a little more difficult for me.  These were W's friends,  Not folks I know all that well.... and I have always seen them as "bible thumpers".  I put on my best behaviour - my party manners - my 'Sunday go to meeting' behaviours.  Turns out they weren't as prime and proper as I had first thought,  Hell when W asked what they did on Monday (they are vacationing here for a few days) she said "well we had sex - we went on the dinner cruise - we had more sex"  and I picked my jaw up off the ground............and relaxed.

The only "fall out" if you can call it that - from these two visits - is that W is missing Montreal more than ever.  And that makes me sad.  But we've been round and round on that one before - so I will just leave it there................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

day 42 comments -

Downunder Don got the riddle.  It is indeed a column for a vaulted ceiling in one of my Churches from Saturday - Personally I loved the sweeping strokes of colour against the egg shell............. 

And Sharon - one day I will post a picture of our carpet beater - so you can compare the difference - it was a  good guess though............. 

And now for day 43 of 365 

 
again from my church tours - a bit of brass from a lectern..........


    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts