Sunday, December 24, 2006

The holidays begin....

Yesterday was the beginning (finally) of my Christmas break..... i really had intended to post twice .. the one in the morning being a memory of Christmas past.. and the post in the evening the memory made on Saturday Dec 23rd 2006.......... BUT .. i fell asleep !!!

It was an amazing day ... and i have thought to combine another ancient memory with a present one.........
i had run out of time - in my preparations for Christmas - and one of the traditions of Christmas that dates wayyy back in my family - the cleaning of the silver had not been done.
Posted by Picasa

So Saturday morning - i took out the silver - the cutlery - the serving trays - the cake plates and began to clean them....... and my mind when back to my mother's kitchen.. and the rubber gloves i HAD to wear to clean the silver (so the chemicals - dontcha know - wouldn't harm my nails or hands - a lady never had calloused hands !!) i was smiling as i don't use the chemicals my mother and my grandmother used - i opt for the easy way out.. sponge on some pretty blue gunk that almost smells nice.. rub it in .. work the grooves, the patterns, the rinse in hot water and load it all in the dishwasher for the final wash and sparkle.

It felt a little bit magical picking up each platter .. each dish .. and seeing the memories in the silver before me... i could see my grandparent's basement - all the furniture moved out to accommodate the makeshift table for ALL the aunts and uncles and grandkids ...... the women running up and down the rickety stairs bringing platter after platter of food .. the candles sparkling on the table - the family sitting there with the silly paper crowns on - laughing and arguing (yes arguing - they tended to "debate" nearly everything!!) .. i can remember always having a crystal wine glass filled with ginger ale - to toast the family with....

Another platter brought back memories of emptying my mother's china cabinet that June not so long ago..... expecting to hear her voice..expecting to see her come round the corner .. but she was never coming back... and my fingers traced the grape cluster pattern around her favourite cake plate.. and i felt the tears burn the back of my eyes.. and i realized (for the umpteenth time) i still miss her.

Wonderful memories woven into the family heirlooms.......

When it was done.. my Sir had decided that i had been busy enough.. away from Him enough and He was tapping the quirt. Time to make some present day memories. Now i KNOW i have written about the quirt before.. my god it can be the most sensous toy i have ever felt .. softly caressing my ass.. slapping it.. stinging it..
It can also be the most wicked toy ! cutting into the skin - feeling for all the life of me as though it is cutting my ass into strips. Sir used it both ways... i would relax into the soft sensous stingy feelings... be floating along quite nicely when 'wham bang thank you ma'am '..my ass would be on fire !! i would hop wiggle squirm yelp and downright bitch .. i even tried pointing out to Him that the quirt was NOT a toy !! After all it had been bought at a tack shop and was supposed to be used on horses.. and my god there is no way my ass can compare to the leather ass of a horse !!! (can it??!!) Needless to say i didn't win any battle of words or semantics with Sir...

Memories....... old and new as the holiday begins........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts