Thursday, December 10, 2015

Boredom?


The one thing I HATE about Christmas is that "my shows" on television are playing repeats.  I have been tuning in Netflix just to kill the boredom.

But I have noticed on some of the television channels they are running Christmas movies - all day every day - for about the last 2 weeks. 

Originally I thought when I saw Christmas movies - that it would be all the old favourites - The Grinch - It's a Wonderful Life - Scrooge - etc ............ but they haven't been.  They have been ( I am guessing ) low budget no big stars probably written on the back of a napkin............. 

The other day around dinner time - I had left the television on one of these movies - so when I sat down I decided to watch it - out of sheer boredom. and yes - low budget - no big stars and definitely scribbled out on the back of some napkin............. they seem to be using a formula to set out the plot....... fill in the blanks type of film..,., seen one you've seen 'em all type of movies........... 

Boredom is a strange creature - you land up doing things you wouldn't normally do......... like watching low budget Christmas films - hell they don't even have any recognizable Christmas music...........

BUT the one thing they all have in common - I always cry at the end....... le sigh - sappy movies with happy endings always make me cry - and there isn't a Christmas movie written (that I have seen ) that doesn't have a sappy "happy ever after" ending..............

Aww well - it's kind of a trade off for me - to have the Happy Christmas season - I have to give up my television shows!  It's boring - but hell - in two weeks I'll be so busy I might just be wishing for a little quiet boredom ............ 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts