Thursday, July 28, 2005

secrets




i was supposed to be "granny" today......... from early morning to sunset. But sniffles and coughs and mid summer colds kept grandchild at home. i heard of secrets that had been told. It made me sad. Turning to Sir - make it right again?? Sir's prescription a day in the secret garden, curled up with a book, listening to the soothing summer sounds.

It is sunny in the garden this morning. Sun peaking through the canopy of trees. i curled up snuggly in my oversized sweater in my reading corner and opened my book. Rustling sounds made me turn and peer through the lattice work. Black cat with red collar laying in wait, tail switching from side to side. i peer closer - laying in wait for what ??? rustle rustle, and a cheeky grey squirrel somersaulted out of the hedge right down in front of black cat. Tail swishing quicker. Squirrel somersaulted away - leaping back up into another part of the hedge. Swish swish went the tail. My heart pounded - oh you silly lil squirrel what are you doing??!! i held my breath - doesn't it know cats are enemies??!! Leaping from branch to branch, chattering away, "watch me watch me!! catch me if you can!!" swish swish goes the tail. Another somersault almost onto the cat. Leap up, bounce around, jump over. Tail goes swish swish. My heart goes pound pound. What is that silly squirrel thinking!!! Squirrel dances around cat jumps up and an impromptu game of tag is being played. Squirrel up the hedge jumping from branch to branch cat leaping around falling back squirrel jumping down and landing on black cat somersaulting off.

Best friends it would seem ... secret friends.. playing in the cool morning sun.... and me hiding behind lattice watching in awe........ good secrets bad secrets in the secret garden...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts