Wednesday, July 06, 2005

high maintenance rant

i had this really neat picture of a jaguar to put with my blog today,... but after much fighting with the system.. i let it win... so no picture.. you will all just have to imagine............

Once a long long time ago i was worried i was "too high maintenance".... it was a real concern for me ..in response... my Sir compared me to a Jaguar (now He will probably say it wasn't a jag but some other expensive car.. but i remember it as a Jag).......and funny it made me feel so much better.. and so much more valued.. i was no longer a subbie with overwhelming needs .. i was now an expensive luxury toy!

i have listened (over the years) to subbies complaining that their needs weren't being met.. not enough sessions.. not enough loving.. not enough of their Dom/mes....a switch once said to me (when he was in Dom mode) that submissives took a lot of time and energy.. and i smiled as His current sub at the time was bitching to me she wasn't getting enough....
It would appear that submissives tend to be "high maintenance" - if they are honest. Or high maintenance by my definition. And Dom/mes seem to be overwhelmed..........

Makes me think a bit back to the time my youngest came to me and told me she was pregnant.. my BIG question was .. do you know .. really KNOW.. what you are getting into?? Of course she didn't. How many first time parents really do know???? Submissives are like children (in my opinion) .. we need attention.. we need guidelines.. we need rules .. we need boundaries.. we need to be cared for and to be allowed to care. we need the rules enforced.. the boundaries firm.. the attention constant. This is not a game.. well not to me.. anymore than raising a child is a game. We submissives need to feel at all times that we are safe and grounded and cared for. Is this a BIG job?? You betcha!!! But i would think the rewards are limitless.... a well cared for submissive should be a treasure to her/his Dom/me. Is the maintenance worth it??? Yeah i would think so......... Dom and sub become as one well oiled machine.. or in my case a well maintained Jag.. purring along ..........


1 comment:

  1. You know that when i am subbing that I like a lot of attention I believe it to be the nature of the beast. This is something that Doms/Dommes may not understand since they have our attention all the time. I am glad I am a switch it has allowed me insight to both sets of needs , desires and expectations. I wish that more were might make out lives a liile more fun.

    CLoud

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts