Friday, January 14, 2022

Inching Forward

 


 

We have 6 weeks until we move.

I am dealing with a still flooded basement and landlords being S.O.B.s.  On Wednesday night the old landlord sent me a message saying he was coming to pick up the pump that I have been using once - sometimes twice - a day to pump the water out of the basement.  He's pissed cause the new owner's lawyer has hit him with the bill to put a sump pump into the basement.  He wants to get revenge?? so he's taking our pump and told us to get the new owner to fix the problem.  WTF??!!  So I'm busy messaging him telling him what an ass he is - and messaging the new owner and telling him if he doesn't get the flooding fixed he's gonna be paying us for damages 'cause the pump is going the next day.  Besides those messages I'm dealing with cheeky messages from youngest daughter and husband about helping us move......... I wasn't very diplomatic and took a couple of pot shots at SIL saying "you just want an excuse to not help us move" (wasn't very nice - mostly true cause he's SO lazy - but still not nice)  AND as well messages back and forth with eldest daughter and SIL about celebrating their birthdays at the end of the month.  

Moving on.......... 

I can't sell our extra kitchen stuff for love or money (colour me sad and frustrated) We really can't even give the stuff away!!  and most of it is like brand new - cause when I moved in here with Sir Steve we had doubles of just about everything...... le sigh.

Moving on.......... 

Our security company is charging us an arm and leg to move the security system.  I can't believe it!!  It's been in the back of my mind cause ya know - too many other things rolling around in my head.  Yesterday I fired off an email telling them how unsatisfied I am with their system........... listing problems we've had with it.  Then questioned the bill to move it (explaining it wasn't even our choice to move!)  and then summing up by saying 'considering my dissatisfaction with the system how much to cancel the whole damn contract!!' (well I didn't say damn) They were all "oh my S we're so sorry you're not satisfied - we'll look into everything tomorrow".  We'll see if they do anything to improve my attitude / mood.

Moving on.......... 

The lil one's family is still bad mouthing us on FB.......... but I came up with a neat meme I actually posted (usually I don't respond to their nonsense - but they are on my last nerve)  


(which actually worked for the lil one's other family AND the damn landlord)

Moving on........... 

I'm having weird dreams which are waking me up and robbing me of much needed sleep.  The latest one was - I was loading herds and herds of cows (yes you read that right C O W S ) onto an airplane - trying to squeeze them all in....... got it done when someone told me I also had to get a slew of humans on the same plane with the COWS!

Moving on.........

I have been working on the budget - some stupid decisions taken by Sir Steve many years ago have come back to bite him (us) in the ass.....not THAT serious - but frustrating.  So I'm working on the budget.  On the bright side - remember the pay equity payment I'm entitled to?? Welllllllllll that pay equity has increased my monthly pension........not by hundreds but still it's an increase!

So we are moving forward - by inches - but still moving forward.  May I get to the move without killing someone or having a full blown break down. 

7 comments:

  1. Oh boy Morningstar,

    When it rains huh? That is just not fun at all. I am glad you are dealing with it and not taking any crap, but still...so not fun!

    I am so sorry but will give you positive thoughts and energy to help get you through? Will that help?

    Hugs
    Boo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boo just reading your words lift my spirits... (as well as spewing it all out here LOL)

      Delete
  2. And this is why they say that moving house is the third most stressful thing to deal with in life, after bereavement and divorce. It will be nice on that day, as you feel settled in your new place, when you can just sit and relax for an evening.

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. for an evening??!! only an evening??? You have as much faith in my life as I do Prefectdt ! LOL

      Delete
    2. I meant the first evening of many, hopefully. :)

      Prefectdt

      Delete
  3. Oh no Morningstar, yep, the joys and stresses of moving. You will definitely be glad to be in the new place and to have ditched the current landlords. Just a pity you can't also ditch lil one's family. Sigh

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wouldn't that be nice Roz - to ditch the other family as easily as we can ditch a nasty landlord?? le sigh

      Delete

Popular Posts