Monday, July 12, 2021

FINALLY - hug time!

 


 Well it finally happened - after more than a year and a half - our family reunited on Saturday for food, laughter and hugs!! 

I honestly thought my heart would burst.. I was so anxious to see them... youngest daughter, her husband and 2 of their 3 children arrived mid afternoon completely loaded down with food for our feast.   We talked so much that plans for swimming and games went out the window... we were all just so happy to finally be together again.


 

It was a feast !!  Steak... shrimp... roasted potatoes.. salad..... everything grilled to perfection.. but even if it hadn't been .. I wouldn't have noticed - it was that good to be together again.

They left as the sun was setting - but we are already making plans for a repeat in August.  Now it really does feel like life is returning to normal..............


OH and for those of you wondering about my 'email plan'... I'll fill you all in tomorrow....

5 comments:

  1. That sounds wonderful! And you do sound happy! I've hosted our family reunion for the past thirty-six years - until last year. It's happening again this August. Neither of MY kids will be there, but about twenty-five other will be. Love that life is coming back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! I am so scared and yet want it so badly.

    I am glad you got your hugs. I am sure it helped Sir Steve too!

    Hugs
    Boo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boo our family is fully vaccinated now - so hugging wasn't too difficult a hurdle to get over... :)

      Delete
  3. Happy Family Day :)

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so wonderful Morningstar. So glad you were able to spend family time together face to face.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts