Monday, May 13, 2019

Working Weekend


We had a busy busy weekend -- getting the finishing touches done on the trailer... like deck boards replaced... internet installed... wood pile moved ... you know just busy tasks that needed to be done.

Each night by bedtime we were both pooped so the knife I was told to pack



sat on the dresser and never tasted my skin.  Am I a wee disappointed - oh yeah!!  I keep telling myself I have to be adult about this... and not sulk tooooo much.  But it's not easy ya know?  We haven't even 'christened' the new BIG bed.

I did get the lil one's bedroom all sorted and decorated......... and she saw it on Sunday and loved it !!!



Fairy lights around the bed that are on a timer -- so they'll come on around 7 and go off around 11 - no need for a night light this year. 

She has a 'craft area' across from her bed... and I hung clothes pins on the wall for her to display her works of art.  She'll have her books and toys and art supplies and her DVD player for rainy days.




On a brighter note I had a great Mother's Day -- youngest daughter gave me a lovely silver bracelet and small wee jewellery box for the trailer...... 



Eldest daughter gave me a lovely red purse.

AND the lil one came over on Sunday morning -- marched up the steps to the deck -- walked over to me and gave me a HUGE hug and said "Happy Mother's Day S"  she made me cry.  I guess it's official now I am 'step 
mom' !

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely Mother's Day....and that lil ones room looks terrific..just right for her...hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for having your Mom status reconfirmed, Morningstar ... be it step or otherwise :)) ... nj ... xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Morningstar,

    Glad you had a wonderful Mothers day and how lovely of Lil one :)

    The trailer and lil one's room look fantastic. Now that the work is done hopefully you can manage some play time :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts