Thursday, May 02, 2019

I think I can I think I can...



9 months ago I started withdrawing the drugs from my system.  Originally the doctor said it would probably take a year.  I started at 2mg and am at .25mg this month.  On the last weekend in May I will no longer be taking any pills.  By the end of June I hope to be finished with the withdrawals.  All done in 10 months!

It has never been a question in my mind if I would do this.. if I would be able to do this... I just knew it had to be done.

This time it's tough... I think maybe the toughest -- but it probably just feels that way.  My mind is a muddle (like I couldn't remember the months from Sept to May -- and am having trouble with my spelling) .. I am suffering with charlie horses and cramps in my feet.... and nausea.  

The other night Sir Steve said he was proud of me.  It's not the first time he's said that to me over these last 9 months.... I usually feel a little confused when he tells me that... I don't honestly feel like I am doing anything terribly remarkable. 

BUT he's proud of me ...... and in the worst moments of these withdrawals I pull those words out and hold them close....... 

He's proud of me!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Morningstar, you should definitely hold onto those words. What you are doing isn't easy and takes strength and courage and I for one applaud you. Look how far you have come. You are nearly there :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there. It's tough. and I don't know that i would be able to stand going thru what you are going thru... but it's great that you have professional guidance and you Sir supporting you through it all! sending love and positive vibes from Asia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we're proud of you too, Morningstar! :>)) ... so great that you have a good doc and your man standing behind you with support. It's not anything I've had to go through but we've had a couple of family members struggle with stopping prescription drugs they'd been taking long term ... it's not a trivial thing to do ... most important of all, you should be proud of yourself! ... hugs! ... nj

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very proud of you...what you are doing is not easy....and I am happy to read you are getting some much needed support...hugs abby

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts