Saturday, December 08, 2012

And now it's Saturday....






First - before I do anything else - I have to thank you all for your comments on yesterday's blog.  They all helped - they really did !!

My staff Christmas party was last evening - and honestly I just didn't feel much like partying........... I woke yesterday morning with a sore throat that slowly - as the day progressed - brought with it a sinus headache and achy bones.  (a hot bath and my pjs looked more welcoming than going out to party ) 

Then when I ran home for a quick lunch - there was a phone message.  The doctor's office that had screwed up on Wednesday had called.  They are going to fit me in on Monday morning !!!  I do NOT have to wait another month.  

I went to the party and managed to sit with the 4 women I thoroughly enjoy working with.......... which went a long way to improving the mood of the party for me.  At one point I was standing up involved in a silly party game my "social committee" planned.  I looked up to see one of the 4 women standing at the head of the table getting everyone's attention.  She presented me with a Christmas card.  When I opened it I thought I was going to cry - inside they had placed money and a note that said "a little something to go towards another safe trip "home".  I was speechless.  (which is rare ) I barely choked out a thank you.  (gonna have to write some thank you notes for sure this weekend!!)  

And so here it is Saturday morning - and I am sniffling and sneezing and feeling like crap - but with a softness inside.  A warm glow that maybe (just maybe) everything will be ok...........

What a difference a day makes !!!

1 comment:

Popular Posts