Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Kintsukuroi

 Yesterday lil monkey left me a comment that I really had to share with you all because it had such a positive impact on me. 
   
"Have you heard the term "Kintsukuroi"? Your comment about gathering all your broken pieces up made me think of this. I imagine you will become more beautiful for having been broken. That's my wish for you. Google the word for images. :) "
  
I had heard about Kintsukuroi but couldn't for the life of me remember what it meant.  So I did just what she suggested - I googled the images and immediately went "ah HA!  I DO remember that"  (in fact I do believe I blogged about it - once upon a time)

I have been feeling "broken" and undesirable because of the brokenness.  But after seeing the images - reading the explanation/definition of Kintsukuroi - my heart lifted.  

Thank you lil monkey for the comment!!! It has given me hope and a stronger desire to mend myself ............. 

And for those of you who are scratching your heads - and don't have time or inclination to google Kintsukuroi - here you go...............





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
NOTE to lil monkey - I have lost the access to your blog :(  could you email me (see the link on the left) with permission - again ???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts