Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Fun Times

The week ended on a very positive note......... though Sir Steve says it feels a bit like we're living in an alternate universe.  Let me explain......... 

Last week the lil one was determined to learn to ride her bike without training wheels by herself..... it was hot and exhausting BUT she did it!!  On the road to success - her grandparents (who haven't spoken a nice word to us in 3 years) came out the first day on the road to watch her and cheer her on....... the second day the grandmother came and stood with me and chatted a bit about how well the lil one was doing...... by the 3rd day the lil one was successfully flying up and down our rocky back road ....... the grandmother came over to our trailer and started chatting about the lil one's mother and how fed up she was with how lazy her daughter was..... how she told said daughter she was not going to raise the lil one........... and then started telling me about some pretty sad events in her time as a 'mother'.  During this conversation she actually broke down in tears !!  I was flabbergasted - she actually allowed herself to be vulnerable with me!  Since then she has smiled at us as she goes by - and calls hello.....  alternate universe for sure !!!

Sir Steve and I - and eldest daughter and son-in-law - went to the Rib Fest on Saturday........ 



we pigged out on ribs and pulled pork and finished up with mini donuts.

I got a henna tattoo just for fun........




I actually managed to come home with a lil heat stroke........ sigh........ and went to bed with a sick tummy and spinning head and sore muscles.

Sunday morning though I was much better and Sir Steve and I went on a 'brunch' date.  The food was amazing and I admit I pigged out again......... BUT I didn't have anything else much to eat all day so not too many guilts (grinning) 

Life is good when you move to an alternate universe and people come together....

2 comments:

  1. Happy to hear your summer is going well on all fronts, Morningstar! ... nj ... xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Morningstar, wow, what a wonderful weekend! And well done to lil one :) Interesting that grandma reached out to you. That is awesome. Hope it is the start of better relations between you.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts