Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Damage








Someone dropped by our campsite a few weeks ago to unburden herself..... she told us she had been keeping it in but decided we needed to know.  Apparently she had over heard the lil one's mother being inappropriate  - the mother had said something along the lines of "it took me 9 months to bring you into the world - it won't take me 9 months to take you out".  The lil one responded to this by moving to the other side of the picnic table and turning her back on her mother.

Then a week or so later - I had contacted a mother of a playmate of the lil one.  I had hoped to arrange a play date for the girls - maybe here at the campsite.  This mother honestly didn't know me from 'Adam' ..... but her response to me was mind boggling.  She told me that the lil one and mother had visited.  That the lil one's mother had been inappropriate verbally with the lil one and this mother had made up her mind that the mother wasn't welcome in her house again.

Add this to other stories we have heard - like mother calling her 'evil'  (shaking head) and other inappropriate comments and you can imagine how upset Sir Steve and I are.  There was an incident the other night where the mother was telling Sir Steve that she had handed off the lil one to another family for dinner -- the mother actually said "thank god - one less mouth to feed"..... now considering (technically) she only has her mouth and the lil one's to feed makes one wonder no?

Sir Steve and I have talked and we have more or less decided that the courts have closed the file on the lil one.  Sometimes there is just nothing more one can do... and the courts do believe a child should have both parents in their lives even if it's not always the best family life.  (I know !!  I have been involved in more than one court case where the child was returned time and again to an unfit household)

Soooooo - before the lil one toddled off to spend this week with her mother I tried very hard to give her some tools if things get out of hand..... I told her she could tell mother 'when you say that it hurts my feelings' - there's not much else I can DO ya know?? I just want to try and give the lil one some power over the hurt .........

 





 

4 comments:

  1. I have no words. The mind truly boggles.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. heartbreaking, simply heartbreaking... but so relieved that she has you and your Sir to counterbalance such unbelievable nastiness

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:25 pm

    honestly that's verbal abuse and although it has been a closed case from courts perhaps it needs to be reopened if one of these people is willing to call CAS on her

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:16 am

    is that not child abuse? could said people call someone and report them?

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts