Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Reality Check






Back in January - 6 months into my new retired life - I did a little reality check.  I knew that there would be adjustments to moving to a new city - being retired - and living with W.  I also knew that these adjustments would probably take a year.

BUT 

I wasn't doing very well.  and I am nothing if not a realist.  I spent a lot of sleepless nights trying to figure out how to improve my mood - the blues were getting to me - and god knows they were getting to W!!!

The other really big adjustment - and I knew it would be - was living on a pension.  I want to do more photography - I want to buy all these fancy lenses to improve my photo taking and open up more options for photography.  BUT not on a pension!!  It was really getting to me.

SO

just for the helluva it - I sent out my resume to a couple of daycares in the area.  And lo and behold within two days of sending them out I had an interview.  I am not looking for full time work - I just want to substitute - a day or two a week would be perfect.  The daycare I interviewed with was very interested!  Interested enough that they had me go for "booster shots" (for all those kid's diseases I never had ) and to apply for a police check.

Today I am off for orientation.  Then March 10 - 14th they want me to work from 9am - 4:00 pm with their kindergarten class!!!  

So I guess I am now semi-retired - with extra money coming in and a reason to drag my cute lil ass out of the house........... maybe life will start picking up...........     

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It is always good to do things on your own terms. I am sure the staff will be great and the children delightful. You are bringing a lot to the table, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. Retired AND kiddos when you want them! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts