Saturday, April 16, 2022

Filling in the blanks

 


 

So what really has been going on around here??? This much stress from a move??? Well let's not forget Sir Steve's dad died in June..... and we are still dealing with the details and emotions and personalities from that.......... then in Sept Sir Steve had a small health issue - saw his doctor and we thought that was that...... BUT in November he went back to see the doctor cause the problem had not resolved itself.  Then we had the move that hit in December till February....... Then that health issue of Sir Steve's was still hanging about .... so in March he went to see another doctor and get a 2nd opinion............. 

AND you guessed it - 2nd opinion was not a brush off -  no 'nothing to worry about'....... nope this doctor mentioned the dreaded C word (cancer).  and referred Sir Steve to a surgeon............ It felt as though my world had fallen off it's axis... I couldn't breath. 

We had to wait 2 weeks to see the surgeon.  We saw him on Thursday.  He was very thorough.... poked and prodded.  He has ordered a  CT scan - and possibly a biopsy.  BUT on a positive note he didn't think it was cancer.  He thinks it may be a problem stemming from a surgery Sir Steve had over 15 years ago.  He also said the area in question was not deep (which was worrying me cause ya know 9 months delay on the diagnosis) but seemed superficial to him.  As he was talking I felt my body deflating.... I felt the pain in my muscles easing....... 

We're still facing surgery ......... but hopefully not cancer surgery.

My body has a long way to go to return to health - the stress has really done a number on it.... 

7 comments:

  1. Wow, it's been a scary time for sure. It's no wonder your body has felt it.

    All the best moving forward 💕

    willie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a relief that Sir Steve's problem is not the big C.

    Happy Easter!

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness Morningstar, you two have been through a lot. I'm sorry to hear. Such a truly scary time and I'm so glad Sir Steve is now under the care of the surgeon and that the news is more positive.

    Sending positive thoughts and hoping you can now take some deep breaths.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  4. That news is as good as any I've heard lately! I know it doesn't set everything back to perfect but hopefully it will relieve enough stress for you to head back in that direction. I'm really happy the news was better than you'd been lead to believe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, that makes a lot of sense why you've been so sick. I'm sorry you guys are going with that. You are still in my prayers and I will put your Sir Steve in there as well! Much love, Windy

    ReplyDelete
  6. A scan and a biopsy, will hopefully make things clearer. I do hope that things start to smooth out a bit for you from now on. Life overload is never fun.

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey morningstar,

    I am so sorry. That just sucks. I was staying away because I thought you were busy with the whole move thing. But then months went by and here I am.

    I am sorry Sir Steve has/had a scare. The only good thing about the big C is it is the quickest and easiest to rule out. I'm glad it was/is ruled out.

    I hope it is quick and easy and nothing more than an annoyance.

    Hugs
    Boo

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts