Saturday, April 23, 2022

Saturday's To Do list

 


 

We had a plan for today....... garden work.

One of the big problems we have is someone - once upon a time - planted grape vines in the garden...... back and side gardens.  We have a pear tree in the side garden.  Upon close inspection - it turns out that the grape vines have grown up and wound themselves around the branches of the pear tree.  My first thought was cut the main stock and let it die - then just pull the vines out of the tree......... BUT...... someone already had that idea.... and the vine isn't falling out of the tree.

So the plan was - today Sir Steve was gonna dig out the ladder from the shed - climb up into the tree and cut and pull the vine from the branches.  

Except there's no sun today.... le sigh........and it's cold.  AND it's forecasted to rain.... le sigh.

I have paint to paint the side deck and the front deck AND the shutters and the trim ... and anywhere else that needs a coat of paint........ EXCEPT it's so cold and wet it's not a good time to paint...... le sigh. 

Another weekend in the house watching movies??? 


 

11 comments:

  1. Love the meme lol. Argh, so frustrating when mother nature interrupts plans. Movies sound good. No?

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you know what Roz - at the end of our summer I think staying in watching movies sounds like a GREAT idea - but after months of being inside watching movies I am SO ready for something else...... :)

      Delete
  2. We have a sunny day and it's going up to 82 degrees (27.78 C), you are more than welcome to come do yard work here. I'll provide the yard and the tools.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. geeeee thanks PK - but no thanks!!
      I'm just really chomping at the bit to see spring and warm temps and get outside....... fresh air and sunshine is just what the doctor ordered ya know?

      Delete
  3. It's sunny but chilly here.
    I got a peek at my strawberries that I split and replanted in the fall... They're looking so nice and green already! And I can't wait to get some cuttings from my one grape vine to set out along the back fence. I do worry about setting up a buffet for the bears though...
    We're so, so close to nice days. Chomping at the bit here too! It's been a long winter all cooped up inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels like a really long winter this year doesn't it Penelope??? I'll be SO damn glad when the warm weather arrives and STAYS!

      Delete
  4. This April is certainly not last April, that's for sure. I just hope this is not indicative of our summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IF this is what we can expect from summer - I will definitely want to sell up the trailer and campsite !!

      Delete
  5. Weather has been really nice here. A bit too dry for the time of year, for some of our newly planted areas. Most of my workday on Friday was taken up with watering duties. I'll see if it is possible to post you some of our present weather. :)

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love some of your nice weather Prefectdt - I'll keep my eye on the post (grinning)

      Delete
  6. I hear you on mother nature disrupting our plans. But hey, maybe it's meant to be. I always think that things happen for a reason. Perhaps you're meant to be indoors this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts