Thursday, April 28, 2022

Spooky Adventures

 


 

Yesterday I decided to wash all the windows in the house...... that was my first mistake.  It was a rainy day that turned to a snow storm!  The patio doors had what I thought were smudges at dog level ....... except they weren't smudges - it was a sticky gummy residue...... ugh!  took forever to scrap it off and get the windows cleaned...... did I mention it was snowing?!

By lunch time I had done almost all the main level windows.... I was in the kitchen cooking some noodles when I heard this buzzing sound.  WTF?!  I followed the sound to the bathroom.  It sounded like the fan was on...... only it wasn't! I traced the sound to the wall outlet.  WTF?!  I touched the outlet - it wasn't hot.  So what was the noise?? Then my imagination kicked in...... maybe mice had chewed some wires in the wall??

Sir Steve called and I had him listen to the sound via the phone.  He said he'd come home.... I was close to panic.... what if there was an electrical fire?!   He came flying in the door and went straight to the bathroom...... He felt the wall - he was looking for vibrations........ nothing.

THEN 

His hand hit the toothbrush holder and the sound changed.  He started pulling the electric toothbrushes out - one by one.  The lil one's toothbrush was running!!?? So no chewed wires in the wall ......... BUT why did her toothbrush turn itself on??!!  He turned it off......... my heart slowed down and we kinda laughed about it.  EXCEPT before he left it turned itself back on!!  Finally I took the batteries out of it !  and a new toothbrush is on the shopping list.  When the lil one came home from school and I told her about the mysterious sounds - she said "OHHHHHHH we must have a ghost!"


 
Anyone got a phone number? I think I might just put it on speed dial........ 

9 comments:

  1. You want more spooky Morningstar? I literally just finished using my electric toothbrush just before reading this lol.

    A possessed toothbrush huh? If I hear any strange noises I now know to check the toothbrush first! LoL

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Beware the electric toothbrush Roz!! I was very glad it was only the toothbrush BUT did feel silly over pushing the panic button !

      Delete
  2. I don't think you have to worry about a haunted house, a haunted toothbrush maybe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah well Sir Steve is picking up a new one on his way home tonite.... so the haunted toothbrush will be exorcised!!

      Delete
  3. This would be a great start to a storyline in a Sherlock Holmes adventure :)

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Prefectdt - but truthfully I would like a whole less drama in my life I think I'm due some peace and quiet

      Delete
  4. I hope you wrapped that toothbrush in a garbage bag, took it outside and dropped it in someone else's bin.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morningstar, I don't think I would have stopped at just taking the batteries out LOL.
    I finally made myself a new blog which is giving me nothing but technical troubles - Has there been changes in how things work since I've been gone?

    Penelope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Penelope,

      Blogger has changed quite a bit because it needed to make blogging on mobile devices easier. If you have technical troubles, please email me or leave a comment on my blog and I will try to help you.

      Delete

Popular Posts