Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Another holiday done!

 


 

Well we had a busy Easter Weekend...... le sigh.

On Sunday we had Sir Steve's daughter, SIL and daughter for brunch. The lil one was with her mother.  

We had a nice visit with Sir Steve's family.  We bought the granddaughter sidewalk chalk and a fancy dancy automatic bubble blower.... which had her shrieking with joy and running around the back deck like crazy trying to pop the HUGE bubbles!!  Every so often she'd gasp "wait a minute" which had us laughing...... it's fun to hear a 2 year old use adult expressions

Then we had to come up with ideas for our lil one's Easter basket. (she got her Easter basket on last night when she came home)  I have never been a big fan of overloading kids with chocolate....... so my girls used to get art supplies and a new outfit on Easter.  BUT this lil one doesn't need art supplies - eldest daughter keeps her well supplied.  So what to put in her Easter basket?!  I came up with the 'brilliant' idea to have plastic eggs with 'coupons' ..... each coupon was something we knew she would love - like "staying up 30 minutes later" " a trip for ice cream" "movie night" " a day without chores"........ and more............. The lil one loved them!!  she also got clothes from Daddy and me.... she LOVES clothes so it was a win win ......  

and just like that the celebrations are over for another year.......only 8 more months till we start all over again with Christmas......... le sigh!

 

9 comments:

  1. Hi Morningstar, glad you had a nice celebration with Sir Steve's family. I just love the Easter basket for the lil one. What fantastic idea!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Roz - I wasn't sure how she'd receive it but she really does love it - especially the "stay up 30 minutes later" ...... LOL who knew?! definitely an idea to use again

      Delete
  2. I could have used these ideas about 15 years ago. I still get Mollie a basket. I throw in a few chocolates, but mostly I stuff the eggs with cash. She's on a tight budget and she won't take money for no reason. Glad you got to have fun with the family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ummmmm I like your Easter eggs PK - wish my Easter Bunny would stuff my eggs with money (grinning)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a blast at your house! What wonderful activities and ideas you had for Easter! Hugs, Windy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the coupon idea came across my feed on FB actually - I just came up with the 'coupons' that suits our lil one

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you all had a nice time. Here's looking forward to Mayday. :)

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohhhhhhhh do you dance around the May pole Prefectdt?? (cheeky grin)

      Delete
  5. I have never seen a May pole in Belgium. I suspect that tradition has roots in the UK.

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts