Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Post Thanksgiving





Saturday morning the Thanksgiving feast had started to come together.... Sir Steve's parents were arriving mid afternoon -- everything was on schedule.

Sir Steve ran some messages and came home with a gorgeous orchid to brighten up the house (and me)

 

Sir Steve's parents arrived on schedule -- but Sir Steve's dad had a dreadful cold.  All I kept thinking was 'what a good sport he was to make the long drive to us for Thanksgiving feeling so awful'.

Sunday was our Thanksgiving.  By noon I had a stubborn headache and I put it down to stress -- stress of trying to have everything perfect.


Eldest daughter and her boyfriend arrived late afternoon armed with wine and flowers.  The party got started. 



By dinner time the left side of my throat felt like I had swallowed a cheese grater.  The dinner went off without a hitch -- but I felt so overwhelmed by the dishes and the people and my head kept pounding and I kept feeling like crying.  Fortunately Sir Steve and eldest's boyfriend tackled the dishes while eldest daughter kept me on the balcony away from the mess (then she switched with Sir Steve - grinning - they didn't trust me not to sneak back in)

By 10 Sunday night I was tucked into bed -- wanting sex -- but just not having the energy.

Monday morning Sir Steve's parents headed off early -- very early.

I felt tired -- drained -- but put it down to our first Thanksgiving dinner -- melded family and all that.  We did very little -- binge watched TV and relaxed.

By dinner time Sir Steve asked (out of the blue) how I was feeling -- I said 'ok' but my face was red and Sir Steve took my temperature -- it seemed I had a low grade fever.

I slept like the dead on Monday night -- had some wicked dreams and woke up feeling like my chest had a tight belt around it -- and every breath I took burned my throat and in my lungs.  The cough started.  The head hurt.  The Tylenol came out.

Sir Steve went to work after getting me to promise I would have a quiet day......... and I will  (don't have much choice) ....... maybe tomorrow will be a better day......... maybe?



 

3 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a good holiday. I hope you feel better ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ron has a cold just like yours; it went straight to his chest after a sore throat. I have the usual type with sniffles and stuffy nose. All this even though the grandkids haven't visited to infect us.
    Guess the cold season has begun.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts