Thursday, October 26, 2017

Getting Better All the Time

 HEALTH REPORTS:

I am slowly improving...... the doctor had told me my oxygen levels were pretty low and recommended rest -- lots of fluids -- using the pump he gave me and taking my antibiotics.

That was my plan Tuesday rest and more rest ......... until Sir Steve came limping in the door just before noon announcing he had to go to emergency cause his knee was DONE!  So I pulled on some clothes and loaded him in the car and off we went to emerg where we spent 6 hours doing xrays -- blood tests -- his being poked and prodded and finally having 60ccs of fluid drained from under his knee cap. 

He was sent home with some pretty strong pain killers and told to rest the knee until the pain subsides.  They think it is gout -- the tests on the fluid will confirm that.

SOCIAL REPORT:

On the brighter side of things -- on Saturday Sir Steve had arranged for both my girls and their husbands to come and visit -- go out for dinner and then back here for coffee and cake to celebrate my birthday.  It was really good to visit with them all -- with no extended family !!  Adult time is always good!  Unfortunately I was feeling like crap and didn't get to really enjoy the wonderful Thai dinner -- but I DID enjoy the birthday cake my youngest daughter made me............ 




There's always room for cake right?? 

Tuesday night I went to bed feeling yucky -- and truthfully not having a whole lot of faith that Sir Steve would remember that my actual birthday was the next day - Wednesday.
  
Wednesday morning he got up and got the lil one off to school then went off to pick up his pay cheque.  When he got home with a French Vanilla latte and an apple fritter donut for me -- roses and orchids and birthday card -  I was close to falling apart ... he asked me what was wrong and I said -- tearfully -- 'all I really wanted was a happy birthday hug and kiss'. I thought you had forgotten today was my birthday !
Poor Sir Steve -- he had things all planned out in his head except for the small detail of the hug and kiss..... 










Then when the lil one got home from school -- she and her dad went out to buy me a feast of Chinese food for dinner AND another birthday cake!!! Another surprise!!!






My birthday turned out better than I had hoped -- even without the early morning hug and kiss -- AND best of all -- the Chinese food tasted soooooo good -- probably the first meal I have really tasted and enjoyed since before Thanksgiving !! 

Today we are both resting and following doctors' orders and I am hoping (dear god I am hoping!!)  that by the weekend we will both be well enough to enjoy some very kinky play and sex..... it's been a month at least since we last had any 'adult time' .....

Life is getting better and better -- and that's a very good thing!

7 comments:

  1. Happy to hear you’re feeling better. That was so sweet of him to make surprises . And happy belated birthday !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to you. What a lovely way to celebrate both with your girls and then with Sir Steve. Hope you are both feeling better soon. Sending positive healing vibes your way.
    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday! Glad everything is coming together for you .
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. kethry4:15 am

    Happy belated birthday!!! So glad he didn't forget, and it's so special when they make an effort, isn't it? :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday it seems to me it turned out just grand. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to you! Seems like it was filled with all nice surprises!
    Best,
    Enzo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday. The cakes looked fantastic. I too enjoyed Chinese food for my bday. Here's to a great year of happiness!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts