Saturday, March 31, 2018

Just a Little News







A while back someone (forgive me I totally forget who it was) asked me what was happening with my quirky lil apartment as it seemed I wasn't using it very much.

Truth be told -- since I moved here last June -- I have not stayed overnight in the apartment once.  We had some really good / valid reasons for my having my own place.  I didn't want any possible problems with the court/custody battle.  I didn't want the government to stick it's nose in (here if you live with someone for 12 months the government decides you are married and buggers around with your benefits) 

AND I guess the biggest reason was my insecurity about once again giving up something that was mine and moving to something that wasn't.  All the 'what ifs' kept popping up in my head.  So I stubbornly hung on to the lil quirky apartment.

Last weekend Sir Steve asked me why wouldn't I move in with him.... 'let's just do it'.  I raised the government benefit questions...... the custody problems and he basically said "Screw it - move in with me!"  

On Wednesday this week I wrote up the end of lease letter for the management company.  I looked at Sir Steve and said 'last chance!  Are you positive you want me living here 24/7 ?"  (which was a dumb question seeing as that is exactly what I am doing - have been doing) And he said 'YES'.  

So the letter was delivered.  And I have to be out of my quirky lil apartment by June 1st.

I insisted we tell the lil one on Wednesday -- she seemed excited by the idea and actually said "so this will be your home too now!"
 
We told the eldest daughter last night -- her reaction was -- what took so long?!

We will tell the youngest daughter tomorrow. 

It's gonna take some imagination and work to weave my furniture/belongings into this house -- there will be a fair amount of storing furniture etc in the basement  'just in case'.  

BUT come June 1st I will officially be living with Sir Steve -- in OUR home 
AND that is a very good thing !

6 comments:

  1. I love happy posts!
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great news! Sounds like you both took the time to make sure it was right and now you can move full speed ahead without reservation. Happy Easter and congrats!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like wonderful news! And happy easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Wonderful news :) Happy Easter! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi morningstar,

    I asked you that question, and I am so happy that you finally took the big step to commit.

    Ron and I have lived together--without benefit of marriage--for 34 years. The government doesn't care. We co-own our house, file separate income tax returns, he is covered on my family plan for dental, optical, drug etc. benefits, and we share all expenses.

    Congratulations!

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's just another step into what you guys are already doing!

    Like my friends who were together and living together for 7 years before they got married. Nothing really changed, just a piece of paper.

    <3 Except you're giving up the piece of paper (lease).

    Congrats on moving forward. Even if you're already basically living there, it's "for real" now without the back up plan of the apartment. <3

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts