Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Joy oh Joy


Well today I got to visit my family doctor for my bi-yearly look see. I had questions as long as your arm about my present state of un-health.

First off I have been on this "gall bladder diet" for over 3 weeks now... I am dying here.. it is easier and shorter to say what I can eat rather than what I can't. And today she added no coffee or tea to the list. NO COFFEE??? You have got to be kidding!!! If I go without coffee someone is gonna die.. honest to god..,someone is gonna die.

She has given me yet another set of pills to take.. I swear I have had more pills in the last 3 weeks than in my entire life ...... However she promised that these pills will kill the fungus that is apparently growing in my system. ewwwww fungus in my body??? I just taught my kiddies at school about fungus.. I can vouch for the fact it is gross !!!

She also told me that they will more than likely be able to do the surgery through my belly button - thank god!!! I have been worried because of the infection that they would have to do the surgery the old fashioned way. She believes that there is a good chance that it won't be that bad. However she did say because I have been waiting so long for the surgery that the recovery time will probably be longer than the usual 2 weeks.

On the plus side I have been fussing over how fatigued I have been. I have been napping like crazy and still sleeping 8 - 9 hours every night. That she explained is because I actually still have the infection - it is just controlled now. And my body is fighting - or trying to fight - the infection. Never mind the fact that I am living on soup and broiled chicken and rice. Not much energy food going in this old body of mine,

She suggested I might be better off going on sick leave now.. so that I can nap and rest and take care of myself until the surgery. BUT I really want to tough it out if I can. At least until I see the surgeon. IF my surgery can happen before Christmas then yeah I will work.. if however it can't be done that soon then I am gonna beg/plead for him to fill in the papers for insurance / sick leave until I am back on my feet. I see the surgeon on the 1st.. just a couple more weeks.


On a different note.. I am really trying to come up with an idea of how to tease Warren about which munch I want to go to this weekend. I have officially said I MIGHT go to both....... but now I have to come up with some plan or hints to lead Warren to the right one.. sort of like a treasure hunt..probably sounds silly to you.. but we thought it was kinda funny and definitely a challenge for me...

This blog is getting more and more vanilla as time goes on....... thankfully there are still some of you who don't seem to care :)


5 comments:

  1. I can't imagine how you are making it through your days -- still working. I do hope they can get this done for you soon so you can begin to heal and recover.

    Hugs, swan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the treasure I will find at the end is worth the " silliness ", well depends on the lack of coffee someone has had though :-(

    Warren

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol... have fun setting up the treasure hunt! sounds delicious to me!!~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:31 pm

    Such a difference in the Canadian health care system than in the States. I had a lap chole (removal of gallbladder thru the belly button) and was back to work full time in four days! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No coffee is against the rules of war. Cruel and unusual punishment.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts