Tuesday, June 09, 2020

WOW!





The one thing about being here in the country is that the days really do run together.. and I lose track of time.  I knew our Premier for Ontario was gonna make an announcement this week (I thought it was to be on Tuesday but .... shrug... like I said I lose track of things up here)......

At the beginning of this pandemic crisis I tuned in to our Prime Minister at 11 and our Premier at 1ish.... I hung on every word they said..... then I realized the longer we went on... the less I tuned in........ the last couple of weeks I haven't listened to either of them...

Soooooooo I wasn't really surprised that yesterday I was busy 'home schooling' and the time flew past...... I only got the news of our Premier when eldest daughter walked over to tell me we were gonna be starting phase 2 of our re-opening. 

WOW!

As of Friday beaches and swimming pools and splash pads are open... so are outdoor patios attached to restaurants and bars... hairdressers are open.... campgrounds are opening up for 'casuals' or as we call them 'weekenders'.  We can now gather in groups of 10 - still respecting social distancing of course... churches can reopen at 30% capacity (I think that was it) .... sports fields are opening with social distancing .... there's more I am sure... but I can't remember the full list.

This was excellent news!  Now the lil one will be able to go swimming on the hot days - in the lake -- or if the owners get the pools open soon - in the pools when they warm up (not heated ugh!!)  And the owners can start welcoming back their weekenders (personally I think that is their real money maker)

I'm not too sure how I feel about this..... it's kinda nice to feel some more normalcy returning....... but again it makes me nervous.... the 2nd wave we keep hearing about... I can see it building strength in the wings - ya know?!  like a tidal wave building and building just out of view.............. it scares me.......

BUT

for now.... we're entering the 2nd stage of reopening.... and that's a good thing (I guess)

2 comments:

  1. We've had no new cases for two weeks in my little municipality and I learned today that the camp grounds are open again for tents, caravans and campervans. FREEDOM!!! Feelin good today :)

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Morningstar,

    I used to religiously tune in to our daily press conferences from our Director General of health and the Prime minister. Lately they have stopped televising them and now stopped them all together.

    That is wonderful news that restrictions there are being reduced. With zero active cases now we have just moved to level 1, which means everything can now resume and no distancing. The only restrictions now are in relation to our borders.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts