Thursday, June 18, 2020

Bad Place





It has been the week from hell........ hell created and maintained by a 7 year old.

In a nutshell - on Monday - after my spending over 6 hours doing school work and then drafting a 'thank you' letter to her teacher and going for a walk - and and and - you get the picture..... at 5 the lil one came and asked me to take her to the beach for a swim. I explained her daddy would be home soon and I had to make dinner.

Welllllllllll

she sulked and she pouted and basically acted as though I was T H E  worst person on the planet!! 

Her sulky self entitled attitude has gone on all week..........
I have tried every trick I know to reign it in.. nothing is working.

Truthfully I see her mother in this attitude - she'll take and take and take without even a thank you and get all insulted when you don't give anymore!

So we're at an impasse - the lil one is barely speaking to me (though she is fine with everyone else!) and I refuse to do any extras ...... just school work then I retreat to my chair on the deck under the umbrella.

I don't see any end in sight........ Sir Steve has tried talking to her but it didn't change one damn thing.

I have a perpetual headache and upset stomach.

I am done like dinner!

8 comments:

  1. I would really like to offer some good advice about this situation. But I realize that with my lack of experience with children I would just be talking from where the sun don't shine, if I did. Hope things get better.

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry. It's not fair. But it happens with parents as well as step-parents.I have the urge to start throwing out suggestions or advice but since you know more about the situation than I do I know you'll find the right way to handle it. But I really am sorry you're having to deal with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry that you're having to cope with this - but I think it might be the change coming (end of home schooling)- I always feel too as if you don't know what she is bringing from her mother - which makes it super difficult. Keep on trucking, ignore her and I'm sure things will even out. HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry you are dealing with this Morningstar. I too wonder if the upcoming end of home schooling has any bearing. I hope things even out again soon.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morningstar,

    Sigh. that is just not fun but I love how you are dealing with it! It is awful when the emotional upset takes a physical toll though. sigh. Hopefully, you have enjoyed the sun and nature despite that!

    Hugs
    Boo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ug. No advice here, but I sure can feel for you. Also, I truly believe that whatever you are doing is right the right thing. You are great with her and have given yourself wholly. I hope you can find a way to relax and take some time for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:03 pm

    Been through this. The only thing that worked was taking the chikd back to Mom. The problem is comming from Mom not you. The novelty of being with Mom wears off quick and they then want to come back to you. But allow it only with a sincere apology. This is never easy nor are you at fault in any way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm inclined to agree with those who've said it might be the advent of change that's causing this. And that you don't know what mum might have told her.

    hang in there, at least you've got dad's support - hopefully things change soon!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts