Friday, June 12, 2020

Sooooooooo Done




Yesterday was the last day 'in' Japan with the lil one - our country of the week.  A dear friend up here promised 2 years ago to make her a kimono.  So......... she got busy this past week and made our lil one her very own kimono.  We won't talk about the hoops I had to jump through ........ or the added stress this caused... I'll just say we got it done - literally 5 minutes before Sir Steve came home with sushi and tempura for our dinner celebration!!

But before we got to the celebration.......

the lil one learned some origami.........



And about Kodomo No Hi or Children's day ........ and she made a carp kite that flew on the deck.........



And finally the Japanese Celebration............. in her kimono!




We have 2 weeks left of home schooling..... and believe it or not the teacher assigned 7 more math lessons yesterday!!!  I'm not entirely sure I am going to continue our Around the World tour........ I am THAT done!!  (though I do have a couple of really cute crafts from Australia and Peru and Ireland - le sigh - but do I have it in me??)

Life is good when you can see the light at the end of the tunnel

5 comments:

  1. Hi Morningstar,

    You have done such an amazing job with the lil one. She is very lucky to have had you as her teacher. Hooray for the light at the end of the tunnel:)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, you are amazing. Even in my younger days I would not have had the talent, nor the patience, to do what you have been doing with the lil one. I imagine you don't realize how much you've enriched her life. I would bet, in fact, that she has learned more in this time with you than she has when she was in school (and trust me, as a former teacher I'm telling you - you are rocking' this)! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little one will remember this time with a smile...unlike the rest of us! My suggestion...take a break...do the math...and save the other ideas for some time this summer...or , sadle, even next fall , when you might need them! hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're almost there. as they say in Chinese - "jia you". literally translates to "add oil" - meaning, keep the fire / flame going by throwing on more fuel. said whenever one is trying to cheer another person on.. you can do it. you're almost there! That kimono looks amazing. and i LOVE SUSHI AND TEMPURA ... haven't had any in a long long time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. School is so fun! Well, mostly. Blissfully, the high schools are basically done this week.

    Be proud of yourself and don't worry about the math. The old school that you have taught her will benefit her more than anything else!

    Hugs
    Boo

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts