Tuesday, June 11, 2019

So..........







I had a mini meltdown yesterday.... had visions of my foot swelling up and falling off (so to speak) so I called my doctor.

God bless that man...... his nurse said come right away and we'll fit you in... I called Sir Steve in tears and told him he would have to come home for the lil one's bus cause I had to go to the doctor. 

When I got to the doctor's (about an hours drive) I didn't have to wait too long and the doctor came in to the examining room almost immediately .... I could barely talk to him for crying..... he looked at the ankle .. and said "maybe cellulitis .. maybe not"  He gave me 2 prescriptions for allergy meds and one for an antibiotic that I was only to fill if it got worse and I ran a fever.

Then he pushed his chair back and talked to me about the withdrawals.  He told me more than once how proud he was of me... how this withdrawal is actually harder than withdrawing from narcotics.... he told me to hang in .. he said all the right words.. including telling me that he was gonna keep checking up on me.... and that though this time might be longer and more difficult it would get better.

It was amazing how much better my ankle felt on the drive home..... and today the swelling is down and the blisters aren't oozing as badly.  And though my muscles still ache -- and the nausea comes and goes my head is clearer ........ 

So.......... life is improving and that is a good thing!

4 comments:

  1. Remember Dory....just keep swimming. You can do this. It will get a little better every day! I believe in you Morningstar

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do this...I have read here for a long time...you are one strong woman..and you found yourself a great doctor!!! hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good that you have a supportive Dr, Morningstar ... and don't hesitate to fill the antibiotic at the first sign of fever/swelling ... cellulitis can be nasty business. My Mom in law has had bouts off and on for years ... hugs! ... nj

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww Morningstar, hang in there. You are a strong woman and you got this. So glad you went to the doctor and had the ankle checked out and that he provided such wonderful encouragement and support.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts