Monday, June 10, 2019

Hanging on......




I'm on day 8 of withdrawals -- I'd love to say it's getting better -- but it's not.  

And as if I didn't have enough to deal with -- the powers that be decided to hit me with more........... 

We were at the campsite this weekend and I got bitten by a black fly.  Well I am guessing it was a black fly....... I went through this 2 years ago so I am making an educated guess.

Saturday my right ankle was burning and itching....... by Saturday night it was all swollen and painful to walk on...... by bedtime Saturday night the ankle was blistered and swollen -- and redness spread half way up my calf........



Sunday I spent most of the day sitting with the foot elevated -- putting ice on it.. taking Benadryl and smearing Benadryl cream on the ankle and hanging on by my finger tips I was so close to caving.......... it just seemed more than I could handle ya know?

This morning the swelling is way down...... the blisters are oozing (so sexy!) .... and the redness is localized.  So - on the mend.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Morningstar, the first pic is so cute. Oh you poor thing, you definitely have my sympathy. That ankle looks painful! It looks like maybe you should get it checked out. Glad and relieved to hear it seems to be improving.

    Good on you for not caving. Just keep swimming (as Dory says) lol. Keep hanging in there. We are here to support you.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh that ankle looks painful. Since I have recently experienced gout, I feel we are some what rowing the same boat. Glad to hear it is getting better....wishing you a much better week this week. hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Morningstar! I think you might be allergic to blackfly bites! OUCH! As for withdrawal symptoms, you can do this! I know you can! Just a little bit longer! It has to get better (I mean really, with that ankle and the withdrawal symptoms, how much worse could it get???!!! LOL).

    However, I think I would avoid black flys. They don't like you!

    Hugs,
    Boo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're healing! I probably would have completely freaked out and went to the hospital!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts