Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Hanging In..........







So I went to the clinic on Monday and saw a super Doctor (isn't that half the battle? finding a doctor who listens to you and is re-assuring?) 

7 years ago I spent almost 3 weeks in hospital with a ruptured abscess in my stomach (it took them 4 weeks prior to admitting me - to figure out was wrong with me -- and in the process I nearly died).  They gave me a regime of IV antibiotics and a fairly strict diet to follow and since then I have been fine.... well fine-ish

Then about 4 years ago I had a doctor poo-poo the diet I was following.  He said there had been medical studies done that proved the diet wasn't necessary.  YAY!  So I went back to eating like a normal human -- seeds and grains and fruit and all sorts of normal stuff.

Well about a month ago I started to feel 'off'.  Couldn't exactly put my finger on it.... then everything fell apart.  Google is your friend when you hate doctors -- so I followed the advise I found on there...... and convinced myself I was improving.

Until a week ago when I ate cantaloupe....... and everything went to hell in a hand basket.

This wonderful doctor at the clinic spent time listening to me -- and also explained how medical studies work........ about the majority of patients falling into the 'no diet necessary' group .... but - as he asked - what about the ones who didn't fall into that group??? 

So he gave me 2 prescriptions -- one I was to fill immediately and the other one I was to fill on Wednesday or Thursday if I wasn't feeling better.  Simple enough instructions right?

Except........
The side effects to the first prescription are gas, bloating, diarrhea (which is what my symptoms are ) PLUS a lovely metallic taste in the mouth, nausea, and dizziness.  How the hell do I know if I am improving or if I need the 2nd prescription???

I am opting to wait another 24 hours before making a decision on the 2nd prescription....... and hoping against hope that come Friday I will be packing the car and heading off to the camp grounds for the summer......... healthy (or healthy-ish)
 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Morningstar,Thank you for the update, I have been thinking about you and wondering how you got on at the doctor.

    I'm so glad you had a doctor who you liked. The side effects do sound awful. Hang in there! I would probably take the second script anyway to be sure. Sending positive thoughts and crossing fingers that the meds do the trick.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Roz, Morningstar .. fill the second prescription. Hope you're well enough for your summer camping ... nj ... xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH that sounds terrible. Did the doctor say to ExPEct those side effects? If he did then , well, what are you gonna do eh?

    BUt yeah, go with your gut feeling (no pun intended, i apologise) and get the second prescription filled out before you leave if you're uncertain. Just in case. You never know.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts