Monday, July 22, 2013

From Ropes to Trains........

We went to the monthly rope class on Friday night.  I think I have mentioned before that Kingston is a rope town - not much percussion play at all.  Might be because you can do rope just about anywhere - and percussion play for a group sorta/kinda requires a large play space - and there just ain't any in Kingston ( unless of course you want to suck up to one group over another - which is just not my style) Finding play spaces in Kingston seems to involve a whole lot of drama - I have been told - though I have not actually experienced it - that the one semi decent dungeon is making it difficult for other groups to rent the space - which I don't get at all!!  if it is a business don't ya think you would rent to anyone??? 

Anywayyyyyyyyyy

I am definitely getting off topic (and the topic is what we did this past weekend).  So we went to the rope class.  Good group of folks - with little or no drama.  This time - just for the hell of it - I tied up W's leg.  Learned some new knots and had a little fun in the process.  I even remember the name of the tie - fotomomo.  Who knew they named all their ties??  Wanna see my efforts?? huh do ya?? 

the outside of the leg..........
I even managed to leave some rope marks that don't really show in the picture......


 Saturday we spent a quiet day at home - but did head off to a munch in the evening.  There are umpteen munches in Kingston (they do LOVE to socialize around this town) though this munch was just over an hour's drive away.  (We don't have enough munches IN Kingston - we now travel to them)  But in all fairness - this is a good group of friendly folk who don't seem to dabble in too much drama.

and on Sunday W decided he wanted to go to a train show......... so off we went...........



I took gobs of pictures of Thomas the Tank and will send them home to the littlest grandkids, who still love trains and especially Thomas.  I am trying to send a letter a week to the grandkids - I remember how much fun it was to get "real" letters when I was a kid!!!

And that was about it for our weekend

1 comment:

  1. I also send 'real' mail to my grandkids....they love it!
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts