Thursday, January 03, 2013

2013 The Start

Start of renovations that is.................. 

Here is the kitchen we bought.............. 



And here it is today  - after an hour of demo......................... 




Next week - god willing and the creek don't rise (as my father used to say) the new kitchen will be installed.  In the meantime the painters will patching and painting  - I will be cooking in the living room in the microwave and toaster oven and washing up in the laundry room in the basement.  

Life is such an adventure !!! 

5 comments:

  1. Ordalie1:14 pm

    You're right to take pictures before and after! My own house (dating back to 1860 or thereabouts) was completely gutted in order to be habitable by modern standards... and I didn't take pictures!
    I really could slap myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks ordalie - I figured one day we would be so used to our new kitchen we would forget how bad it was when we started.

    I'm even gonna take pictures of the colour changes around here as they are done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is an adventure. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:38 pm

    Remodeling is so much fun! You get to make it just like you want... Sometimes. Monday we start on the guest bathroom. Total makeover.


    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our kitchen remodel was estimated to take four weeks. It actually took four times as long. Before and after pics are a great idea; we did it too.

    Happy microwaving!

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts