Friday, September 17, 2021

YES!!!!

 


 Originally more than 10 years ago - I was told I had cancer.  I was also told that "MY" cancer would continually reoccur.... and it was important that I not miss a scan.  June 2020,  I was told that it had been almost 5 years since my cancer reappeared.  My then doctor was surprised...... he admitted that if I had asked him if my cancer would go into remission when we started this journey together he would have said 'NO'   Yet here I was almost at the 5 year mark and I was cancer free.

I transferred to a new doctor in my new city.  I don't do change well and that contributed to my anxiety this morning.  Sir Steve made arrangements for the lil one to get to the bus.... and off we went.  The registration staff was amazing and got permission for Sir Steve to accompany me all the way to the OR.  He couldn't come in with me - but knowing he was just outside waiting for me made it easier.

To be honest I miss the staff and doctor at Kingston General - they were so empathetic and kind.  This staff not so much and the head nurse in the OR was truthfully a right royal bitch.  The doctor was ok - and he got the procedure done in record time.  AND there was no cancer.  NO cancer - NONE! I don't have to go back for another year.  I am doing the happy dance - trust me !!

 

 

5 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC! The news doesn't get much than that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such wonderful news Morningstar. So happy for you! You can breathe a sigh of relief:)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morningstar, that's wonderful news. So happy for you.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! You beat the big C hands down!(Doing the happy dance here.)

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Dancing here!!!!

    Hugs
    Boo

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts