Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Liquid Diet

 


 

I have been on a liquid diet for the last 3 days.... not liquor liquid diet...just a clear liquid diet.  It was easy at first (cause I was sick) and not so easy by the 2nd day dinner time.  Mind you I had made glazed baked ham for dinner and it smelled SO good !!  I sat sipping my chicken broth while the lil one and Sir Steve gobbled down the ham..... le sigh.  Today I am adding soda crackers to the chicken broth diet and despite my hunger it doesn't really appeal........ mind you today neither does the baked ham.

A couple of years ago my family doctor talked to me about intermittent fasting.. he's a big fan ..... believes it can help control weight/sugar and cholesterol. I didn't bring up my eating disorders...... after all he was giving me permission to not eat right??? Except Sir Steve keeps an eye on my eating/ food intact.  He's subtle and not the least bit heavy handed about it.... which is a good combination.  He recognises that most of the time my not eating is not actually a choice.  This summer has been a delicate balancing act of eating/not eating.  And because of it I had lost about 10 pounds.  (not complaining because I would like to lose another 10 pounds) 

I got on the scales this morning - cause I wanted to know how much weight I had lost doing this liquid diet.  4 pounds - 4 pounds in three days!!!  I had a moment - just a brief moment - calculating how many more days on this liquid diet would get me down those 10 pounds.  Then logic stepped in..... my muscles ache and I have no energy - so no way can I do any more days of this.....I have to start introducing solid foods..... but for someone like me - this is very tempting.

(wanders off thinking maybe a little pasta tonite............... )

 

4 comments:

  1. Definitely time to call it a day. Unless you go for professional monitoring

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a bit worrisome - I feel it feeds into your eating disorder? My gf has been successful with fasting but she doesn't go on liquid for several days - she fasts mornings to mid-afternoon - then eats sensibly for supper

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, 4 pounds in 3 days! I can definitely relate to wanting the weight loss, I'm a bit too obsedded with the scales. But sore muscles and no energy are no good though. Definitely time to go back to solids.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont think a 3 day liquid diet is what counts as intermittent fasting. Perhaps a 16/8 schedule would work better. 16 hours without calories and 8 hour window of light food intake. Good luck. Im not sure your eating issues are served well by this plan. Do check in with a dietician maybe?

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts